Support Kidney Disease

Support Kidney Disease
Kidney Disease Ribbon
Powered By Blogger

2/14/2010

Life's Little Difficulties

Happy Valentine's Day. It is a wonderful day to spend with someone you love. The weekend started out great but changed quickly. I came to the vent center to spend the weekend with my darling husband and brought the usual gifts; a candy heart, a stuffed bear and spec Valentine pajamas. He started choking on his lunch, so all food was stopped. Our lives have been turned upside-down since he got sick. Even though his basic needs are met, I am still his "caregiver". What happens when the caregiver starts needing care?

End stage renal disease and significant vision loss turned our crazy life crazier. My husband is my number one priority and I can't be there when he needs me. This ESRD really scares me. I don't mind dialysis in the least. Evveryone at the unit genuinely cares what happens to the patients. The more I read on transplantation though, the more wary I become. All I know is I love my husband more than anyone else in life. I need him and he needs me. I have to be healthy for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment